Earn a top-ranked, AACSB-accredited MBA with 8 unique specializations.
- We’ve been ranked in the Top 10 Regional Universities in the North for 28 consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report
- The University of Scranton’s Kania School of Management has been listed among the nation’s “Best Business Schools” by The Princeton Review for 16 consecutive years
- Choose from 8-degree specializations or fully customize your program with the Flex MBA Option
- Master the Triple Bottom Line approach to business
- Small class sizes ensure a personal connection with your faculty and peers
As one of the top-ranked business programs in the nation, The University of Scranton offers you a competitive curriculum that can be customized to your career aspirations.
What Makes Scranton’s Online MBA Unique?
Industry and Career-Aligned MBA Specializations. The University of Scranton’s online MBA curriculum is as unique as your professional aspirations. Choose from eight focus areas in accounting, business analytics, enterprise resource planning, finance, healthcare management, human resources management, international business, and operations management and build your expertise in a specific business discipline.
Unparalleled Career Services. As a student in the online MBA program, you’ll gain access to a variety of tools, simulations, and networks to help polish your resume, hone your interview skills, and connect you directly to job recruiters in your chosen field. We help you put your degree — and you — to work.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to get additional information about this program.
Your Most Valuable Investment
With an AACSB-accredited MBA from The University of Scranton, you’ll master the theory and skills business leaders need to optimize processes, increase value and make decisions within an ethical framework.
You’ll also gain a global perspective on business and learn to apply the Triple Bottom Line theory: an emphasis on sustainable development as it relates to social, fiscal and environmental factors.
Learn under the mentorship of expert faculty from across the business world, each with timely knowledge and the wisdom of experience. We keep our class sizes small to ensure a personal connection with your faculty and peers, so you can get the most out of your learning community.
With tuition rates much lower than similarly top-ranked competitors, we’re proud to provide you an exceptional value for your investment. Be the next great business leader and champion your organization toward continued success.
Career Outlook: Record High Salaries for Business Leaders
MBA graduates are valued for both their advanced business acumen and their influence as effective leaders. A 2021 study by the Graduate Management Admission Council found that nine out of 10 corporate recruiters expect the demand for business school graduates to increase or remain stable in the next five years.1
With an online MBA from Scranton, a six-figure salary is well within reach. For example, human resources managers may attain a median annual salary of $121,220.2 For financial managers, the current median salary comes in at $134,180.3Career Outlook
Gain a Flexible and Accredited online MBA Education
The flexible online MBA program is housed by the AACSB-accredited Kania School of Management and is guided by Scranton’s Jesuit tradition. You’ll graduate with a mastery of business competencies rooted in ethics and sustainability with an emphasis on technology.
Coursework will depend on how you focus your education, with one of eight in-demand specializations or our general MBA option. You may also choose our personalized Flex option to tailor your curriculum to your specific interests.Curriculum
“This online program allowed for the flexibility that I needed, I made four physical moves in the time it took to complete the program. The engagement with instructors exceeded my expectations.“– Mike Roughton, 2016 MBA Operations Management Graduate
Program Outcomes: Advanced Business Foundations
The core courses of Scranton’s MBA curriculum will prepare you to:
- Employ advanced techniques to lead a successful team or organization
- Improve processes and identify ineffective practices resulting from poorly integrated processes
- Use appropriate technologies to gather and analyze data to inform a systematic approach to decision-making and solving business problems
- Analyze the impact of global business issues on management situations, and relate current global events to emerging business opportunities
- Evaluate decisions within an ethical framework and critique decisions on the basis of social responsibility and environmental sustainability
Then, focus your education with one of eight specializations, or select electives to build your own General MBA specialization.
We offer eight robust specialization options and a General MBA specialization option, so you can gain exactly the skills you need to succeed in the area you’re passionate about.
Develop accounting skills to solve complex business problems and maintain a financially healthy organization.
MBA: Business Analytics
Make sense of big data to help companies survive and thrive with theory and new hands-on skills in business strategy.
MBA: Enterprise Resource Planning
Learn real-world methodologies to lead in enterprise resource planning in a program that’s officially partnered with SAP.
Get the skills to conduct financial analyses, develop capital budgets and assess an organization’s overall financial health.
MBA: Healthcare Management
Supervise healthcare facilities, plan and direct operations and manage teams to ensure excellent patient care.
MBA: Human Resources Management
Acquire skills in strategic staffing, evaluating workplace operational goal setting and enterprise-level human resource management.
MBA: International Business
Navigate global business well-versed in global finance, international politics, cross-cultural differences and supply chain management.
MBA: Operations Management
Equip yourself to lead your organization with project management, quality control and financial management skills.
To apply for Scranton’s online Master of Business Administration program, you’ll need:
- Completed application
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
- Professional résumé
- 3 years of professional or supervisory experience
- Statement of intent
- 3 letters of reference — at least 1 from a supervisor or other professional reference
- A written response to a case study*
- No GMAT/GRE required
*May be required for some applicants. You will be informed of your individual requirement after a review of your completed application.
Find more details on the MBA Admission Requirements page.Admissions Info
The online MBA program at The University of Scranton consists of 36 credits and costs $965 per credit hour.
We strive to provide you with an affordable, high-quality education. That’s why we’re ranked a Best Value School, Regional Universities North, by U.S. News & World Report for 2022.4See Tuition
Faculty: The Kania School’s Team of Specialized Experts
As a student of the Kania School of Management, you’ll have access to industry experts, each with a focused background that aligns with our specialized curriculum.
No matter what you’re passionate about in business, you’ll connect with a network of mentors who share your enthusiasm and can teach you exactly what you need to know.Kania School Faculty
Earn a degree without interrupting your career. You’ll be part of an online learning community led by a diverse and expert faculty. Online programs reflect the same rigorous standards as our on-campus programs.Scranton Online
Financial aid options are available to help you pay for your education. A personal financial aid counselor will assist you in identifying and taking full advantage of all opportunities.Financial Aid Details
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question we don’t cover here, request more information or call 866-373-9547.
Yes, three years of professional or supervisory work experience is required, along with an affidavit of work experience signed by a supervisor or employer. To learn more, contact a recruitment team representative by calling toll-free at (866) 373-9547.
The University of Scranton does not require any entrance exams. Three years of management experience is required for admission.
The online Master of Business Administration program accepts up to six transfer credits with program director approval. To learn more about credit transfers, request more information or call us at 866-373-9547.
Yes, the online MBA program offers eight specialization options, including accounting, business analytics, enterprise resource planning, finance, healthcare management, human resources management, international business, and operations management. Learn more about our selection of MBA specializations here.
The University of Scranton offers an online Dual MBA-MHA for those who wish to complete two master’s programs simultaneously.
- Graduate Management Admission Council (2021 March). New Research on Hiring Trends and Salary Projections for Business School Graduates. Retrieved Feb. 3, 2022, from https://blog.gmac.com/gmac-advisor/new-research-on-hiring-trends-and-salary-projections-for-business-school-graduates
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2022 January 24). Human Resources Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved Feb. 3, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/human-resources-managers.htm
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2021 September 8). Financial Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved Feb. 3, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm
- U.S. News & World Report (2022). The University of Scranton Rankings. Retrieved Feb. 3, 2022, from https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-scranton-3384/overall-rankings