Lead in the business of healthcare with dual master’s degrees.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to get additional information about this program.
Two Accredited Online Master’s Programs in One
Complete two master’s programs online simultaneously, and stand out among your peers, ready to take on top positions in healthcare and related industries.
Maximize your influence as a leader in healthcare administration and related industries with an MBA-MHA dual degree online from The University of Scranton.
You’ll not only graduate with the skills and credentials to seek top positions in your field — you’ll save time and reduce the workload by 13–18 credits compared to taking the degrees separately. In this program’s distance learning format, you can study from wherever you need to be.
You’ll gain all the skills you need to help an organization navigate the ever-evolving landscape of healthcare, as well as successfully implement sustainable approaches to business development and organizational excellence.
Both programs are accredited individually — the MBA by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the MHA by the Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) — so you can be sure your education is among the best offered.
Note: The MBA-MHA dual program does not have a specific programmatic accreditation.
Career Outlook: Growing Demand and Rewarding Salaries
In a 2021 study by the Graduate Management Admission Council, nine out of 10 corporate recruiters said that they expect the demand for business school graduates to increase or remain stable in the next five years.1 Those with healthcare expertise from the University of Scranton’s dual MBA-MHA will be in especially high demand.
In fact, career growth for medical and health services managers is expected to grow much faster than average, by 32% from 2020 to 2030. These professionals also earned a high median salary in 2020 at $104,280. The top 10% of medical and health services managers took home more than $195,630 annually.2 With your dual MBA-MHA, you’ll be well-positioned for these top jobs.Career Outlook
Curriculum: Coursework Rooted in Excellence
Gain dual master’s degrees — both your MBA and MHA — in less time than it would take to earn them separately.
The AACSB-accredited online MBA focuses on business concepts such as the Triple Bottom Line theory, which considers social, fiscal and environmental impacts on sustainable business development.
The CAHME-accredited MHA focuses on the unique considerations of the healthcare industry, such as regulatory, quality and technology needs.
Additionally, the online MBA-MHA coursework is consistent with the Healthcare Leadership Alliance’s (HLA) competency model, offering outcomes in leadership, business, management and more.
Note: The MBA-MHA dual program does not have a specific programmatic accreditation.Curriculum
The courses of Scranton’s dual MBA-MHA curriculum will prepare you to:
- Identify ineffective practices resulting from poorly integrated processes, with special consideration for the unique demands of the healthcare industry.
- Use technology to gather and analyze data to inform a systematic approach to decision-making and solving business problems.
- Evaluate decisions within an ethical framework and critique decisions on the basis of social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
- Navigate the financial realities of the healthcare industry and how they impact the financial health of your own organization.
- Negotiate the hierarchy of healthcare personnel, including middle management, governing board, medical staff and administration.
- Tackle major healthcare issues confronting your organization and understand how hospital administration affects healthcare delivery.
To apply for Scranton’s Dual MBA-MHA program, you’ll need:
- Completed application
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
- Professional résumé
- Must have at least 3 years of supervisory or professional work experience
- Statement of intent
- 3 letters of recommendation. If the applicant has three years of management experience, at least one of the letters should come from a different senior executive within the applicant’s organization or prior organization of employment
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (read and sign the two following forms)
- Background Check Disclosure
- Background Check Authorization
- No GMAT/GRE required
Find more details on the MBA-MHA Admission Requirements page.Admissions Info
The online MBA-MHA program at The University of Scranton consists of 65–70 credit hours depending on your chosen specialization and costs $965 per credit hour.
We strive to provide you with an affordable, high-quality education. That’s why we’re ranked a Best Value School, Regional Universities North, by U.S. News & World Report for 2022.3See Tuition
Faculty: Specialized Experts in Business and Health Care
As a Dual MBA-MHA student, you’ll have access to industry experts, each with a focused background that aligns with our specialized curriculum.
No matter what you’re passionate about in business or healthcare, you’ll connect with a network of mentors who share your enthusiasm and can teach you exactly what you need to know.Faculty at Scranton
Earn a degree without interrupting your career. You’ll be part of an online learning community led by a diverse and expert faculty. Online programs reflect the same rigorous standards as our on-campus programs.Scranton Online
Financial aid options are available to help you pay for your education. A personal financial aid counselor will assist you in identifying and taking full advantage of all opportunities.Financial Aid Details
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question we don’t cover here, request more information or call 866-373-9547.
Tuition for the online dual MBA – MHA program is $62,725–$69,480. You need to complete 65–72 credits at $965 each. You can review the tuition costs for this program here.
The online MBA – MHA program accepts up to 9 transfer credits with program director approval. To learn more about credit transfers, request more information or call us at 866-373-9547.
The online dual MBA – MHA program requires applicants to have at least three years of professional or supervisory work experience. To learn more about our admission process, visit our admission page.
The end of the program consists of either HAD 580 or HAD 581. HAD 580 includes a 150-hour internship. HAD 581 requires 1,000 hours of fieldwork experience. Learn more about the courses here.
- Graduate Management Admission Council (2021 March). New Research on Hiring Trends and Salary Projections for Business School Graduates. Retrieved Feb. 3, 2022, from https://blog.gmac.com/gmac-advisor/new-research-on-hiring-trends-and-salary-projections-for-business-school-graduates
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2021 September 8). Medical and Health Services Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved Feb. 4, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm
- U.S. News & World Report (2022). The University of Scranton Rankings. Retrieved Feb. 3, 2022, from https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-scranton-3384/overall-rankings