Put healthcare skills in focus.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to get additional information about this program.
Advance Your Career With the Right Training
The Executive Certificate in Health Administration curriculum emphasizes leadership and ethical decision-making responsibilities through relevant coursework grounded in The University of Scranton’s Jesuit mission and principles.
As the healthcare system continues to grow, and advance in its understanding of patient needs, professionals with administration and leadership skills are in high demand.
Develop your leadership and ethical decision-making skills to succeed in health administration. The Executive Certificate in Health Administration helps students develop their ability to make an impact in this growing field.
The program consists of five courses from the full Master’s in Health Administration program and aligns with competencies the American College of Healthcare Executives has defined as critical.
Career Outlook: Make an Impact in a Growing Industry
Leadership, organizational, and financial skills in the rapidly changing healthcare administration landscape are in great demand. Health services management roles are positioned to grow 18% by 20281 and can vary widely, with titles such as a Healthcare Recruiter making as much as $66,000.2
If you’re looking to continue your education, you can also choose to put your credits towards the full Master of Health Administration.Career Outlook
Curriculum: Career-Focused Studies
In just 10 months, you’ll gain the core skills needed to meet today’s healthcare administration demands. Three core courses will give you the organizational, financial, and systems knowledge necessary for success in the field, with two electives that let you tailor your program for the job you want.
All courses are from our CAHME-accredited Master’s in Health Administration program and are taught by the same expert faculty.Curriculum
Program Outcomes: Graduate Ready to Improve the Health Administration System
You’ll complete this certificate program ready to:
- Apply the necessary skills, competencies, values, and points of view needed for financial decision-making, managerial leadership, and healthcare administration.
- Tackle important challenges of public sector health policymaking.
- Create new ways of thinking about healthcare organizations and how to manage them.
- Identify the special problems of high-risk populations and health system responses.
- Advance in a variety of healthcare staff positions, including senior healthcare management positions.
To apply for the Executive Certificate in Healthcare Administration from The University of Scranton, you’ll need:
- Completed application
- 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- 3 years of professional or supervisory work experience, with a signed affidavit to verify work experience
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a supervisor or other professional reference
The Executive Certificate in Health Administration program at Scranton consists of 15 credit hours and costs $965 per credit hour.
We strive to provide you with an affordable, high-quality education. That’s why we’re ranked a Best Value School, Regional Universities North, by U.S. News & World Report for 2022.See Tuition
Faculty: Learn From Industry Leaders
You’ll be taught by top-tier, practicing industry professionals who have firsthand experience with the real-world challenges you’ll face as a healthcare leader.
All courses are taught by the same faculty as our full CAHME-accredited Master’s in Health Administration, so you get the expert guidance and mentorship in a shorter certificate program.Faculty at Scranton
Earn a degree without interrupting your career. You’ll be part of an online learning community led by a diverse and expert faculty. Online programs reflect the same rigorous standards as our on-campus programs.Scranton Online
Financial aid options are available to help you pay for your education. A personal financial aid counselor will assist you in identifying and taking full advantage of all opportunities.Financial Aid Details
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question we don’t cover here, request more information or call 866-373-9547.
Yes, a part-time option is offered for this program. Completing this certificate part-time allows you to achieve a realistic balance between work, school, and personal responsibilities. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to fully absorb the information in your coursework. To see the curriculum, view our courses page.
Tuition for the online Executive Certificate in Health Administration is $14,100. You need to complete 15 credits at $940 each. You can review the tuition costs for this program here.
To apply for the program, you must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, along with a 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA. You must also submit your official transcripts, professional resume, personal statement, and three letters of recommendation. Three years of professional or supervisory work experience is required. You can learn more about the admission requirements here.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Medical and Health Services Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved November 3, 2019, from http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm
- Payscale (2019 December 29). Healthcare Recruiter Salary. Retrieved January 7, 2020, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Healthcare_Recruiter/Salary