Secure Your Future with an Online MBA with a Specialization in International Business
Today, business is global—and more complex. Globalization of business pertains to the international exchange and integration of individuals, goods, and ideas via various mediums, which is often reliant upon but is not limited to Internet technologies. To successfully buy, sell, and trade goods and services in the international market, it takes more than knowledge of statistics and numbers—it takes an understanding of finance across borders, in-depth comprehension of foreign economies, and sensitivity to cultural differences.
As more organizations move into international markets, they require leaders who can manage global operations; understand the short- and long-term implications of complex financial, political, and economic issues; and manage cross-cultural departments, teams, and offices.
The International Business specialization of the University of Scranton’s online MBA program gives you all of the above and more.
- Gain vital leadership skills to make sure your organization is equipped to compete effectively in the international market
- Develop both a macro- and micro-economic view of business functions in the global context
- Learn the nuts and bolts of supply chain management in other countries and across borders
- Explore how cultural differences can affect organizational behavior and operations
An MBA with Heart
One of 27 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, the University of Scranton cultivates an educational environment shaped by Jesuit values of ethics and social responsibility. We are committed to providing an exceptional education that prepares our students to meet the challenges and opportunities of today’s society.
Ranked among the very best of its peers, the Kania School of Management within the Business School is one of the few institutions to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) international. The AACSB accreditation is globally indicative of esteemed prestige among business schools. Only a few of the institutions of higher education around the world offer business degree programs characterized by the AACSB distinction. The University of Scranton is proud to be among the top schools for international business.
Once your application, letter of references, statement of intent, resume and official transcripts have been received by The University of Scranton, you will be eligible for admission to the prestigious Master of Business Administration in International Business online program. International students must also supply Proof of English proficiency by submitting TOEFL, STEP or IELTS scores and a course-by-course evaluation of foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). An MBA specializing in International Business will prepare you for a fulfilling, dynamic, competitive lifelong business career in the global market. See our online admissions process for more information.
We also offer these career-related resources exclusively to our students:
The Gerard R. Roche Center for Career Development helps students with career decisions that are consistent with their unique talents and aspirations. The center is in constant conversation with recruitment partners and focuses on two different areas for student success: preparation and opportunities.
The team of professional counselors work directly with students to provide individual and group counseling services (in person, Skype, or via phone). Students can receive assistance with resume writing, interviewing, and job search techniques. Students and alumni can access job postings by employers looking to hire Scranton alumni. Other resources include:
- The Vault: A comprehensive online resource library for industry and employer research, rankings, internships, and job postings. Most popular - their guidebooks! Students can download the books free!
- Big Interview: An online mock interview tool allows students to practice their interview skills at any time. Students have access to a database of questions with feedback provided by a contact in their network (alum, colleague or career counselor). This also helps students feel more comfortable in the virtual interview environment.
- Handshake: This tool can help you make the most of your future career choices. Handshake allows students to interact with the over 5,000 employers connected with The University of Scranton. Handshake is your hub for finding jobs, internships, career-related events and content tailored to fit your needs and interests!
Students and alumni may contact the Center for Career Development directly at (570) 941-7640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.