In the growing global economy following the Sarbanes-Oxley act, it is becoming increasingly critical for business leaders to have a comprehensive understanding of the operational status and goals of their organization. Business leaders have more responsibility and ownership in overall accounting responsibilities and need to implement a strong code of ethics, systematic internal controls, and a strategic outlook for organizational health. This master’s degree will help bridge the gap between accounting and other strategic business units and allow for easier resource management.
Ranked Top 30 MBA-Accounting Program
– U.S. News and World Report
The University of Scranton MBA with a specialization in Accounting combines the broad, ethical, and sustainable business foundations of our MBA degree with the ability to leverage accounting-based insights as a means of solving business problems. Each specialization course is designed to provide students a deep understanding of the accounting profession and enhance their ability to effectively navigate reporting, departmental, and operational decisions, while opening him or her up to new and exciting accounting careers. These graduate level classes will help students to harness technology and business to help them excel in both marketing and economics. This graduate program is more than a resume builder; it is to help advance your career.
The topics covered include:
- Accounting for Management
- Accounting Integration and Configuration
- International Accounting
- Financial Reporting and Research
- Accounting Communications
- Accounting Ethics: The Foundation of the Profession
- Financial Reporting Fraud: Detection & Prevention
- Occupational Fraud & Abuse
- Analyzing Financial Statements
- Concepts of Leadership
- Financial Management Marketing
The Knowledge You’ll Gain
Upon completion of the program you will find that you feel ready to enter the professional world of business and accounting with increased skills, a higher earning potential, and greater self-confidence.
Students will gain:
- The knowledge to take the CPA exam or other industry credentials (please check http://nasba.org/stateboards/ for state-by-state qualifications)
- Increased career opportunities
- The potential to earn a higher salary, larger bonuses and various perks of the workplace due to diversified skills
- Increase the chance creating an executive level career path
- Valuable and tangible skills that can be used directly in the workplace
- Increased confidence from coworkers in the ability to complete projects
For a full list of careers a graduate of this program might qualify for, please visit the careers page.
Note that The University of Scranton Accounting Program also meets the NYS CPA license education requirements as an "Equivalent to a NYS Licensure Qualifying Registered Program."
Earn an MBA with Top Accreditation and Jesuit Values
One of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, The University of Scranton cultivates an educational environment shaped by Jesuit values of ethics and social responsibility. We are committed to providing an exceptional education that prepares our students to meet the challenges and opportunities of today’s society.
The University’s Kania School of Management is among a small number of institutions accredited by the AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). AACSB accreditation signals the highest standard of achievement for business schools around the world. The University of Scranton is one of the few educational institutions worldwide that offers business degrees with this distinction, resulting in an outstanding academic rank for the school.
Learn more about leveraging your career with the convenience and flexibility of an online MBA in Accounting from The University of Scranton. Request more information or call us at 866-373-9547.