Become an indispensable asset.
Logisticians are responsible for managing the movement of a company’s products and supplies. As supply and distribution systems become increasingly complex and companies look for new ways to become more efficient and cut costs, the role of the logistician will continue to grow in importance.1
- 8,400 new jobs projected between 2018 and 20281
- $74,600 median annual wage for logisticians1
- $119,950 median annual wage for the top 10% of logisticians1
The federal government continues to be the top industry for logisticians, boasting the highest median annual wage of all other industries at $85,610.1
A purchasing manager develops policies and schedules for regular procurements, trains and supervises staff, develops relationships with suppliers and negotiates supply and shipping prices.2
Master’s-educated purchasing managers earn a median salary of $118,940. The top 10 percent of purchasing managers earn more than $187,060.3
A transportation manager oversees the entire transportation process of a company or an organization.2 In addition to managing and coordinating the transportation network, they could also be responsible for domestic and/or international trade requests — as well as providing input on strategic decisions and budgets.4
Master’s-educated transportation managers earn a median salary of $91,213. The top 25 percent of transportation managers earn more than $108,000 annually.4
Additional roles for Certificate in Supply Chain Management graduates:
- International Logistics Manager
- Supply Chain Software Manager
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Category Manager
- Supply Chain Planner
- Materials Manager
- Logistics Management Specialist
- Procurement Manager
Request More Information
Whether you’re curious about The University of Scranton’s application process, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid or specific program details, we’re here to help.
Fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Applicable Skills: Make an Immediate Impact
When you complete this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Manage key activities that are critical to the effectiveness and efficiency of an organization
- Direct the movement of raw materials, inventory, and finished goods from point-of-origin to point-of-consumption
- Oversee quality, suppliers, procurement, outsourcing, and customer relationships
- Assess organization profitability and performance
- Understand design, operations, and control of supply chains in the global context
Scranton Career Support
Whether you’re just starting out or advancing in your field, the Gerard R. Roche Center for Career Development is here to support you.
Both before and after you graduate, our experienced advisors can help you build your career and find opportunities that suit your unique skills and talents.
Let’s work together to ensure your success. We can’t wait to get to know you.
Join a network of more than 45,000 accomplished Scranton alumni, who live across the nation and in more than 20 countries around the world.
Take advantage of Firsthand (formerly Vault), a comprehensive resource for all career planning purposes.
Receive help with your résumé, cover letter, or online profile, and practice meeting with potential employers using Big Interview, an online interview preparation tool.
Get exclusive access to Handshake, our online recruiting platform, and connect with new jobs, career fairs, recruitment activities, skill-building workshops, and more.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Logisticians. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved November 13, 2019 from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/logisticians.htm#tab-1
- Burning Glass Technologies: Labor InsightTM. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Purchasing Managers, Buyers, and Purchasing Agents. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved November 21, 2019 from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/purchasing-managers-buyers-and-purchasing-agents.htm#tab-5
- Salary.com (2019). Transportation Manager. Retrieved November 21, 2019 from https://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/Transportation-Manager-Salary-Details.aspx