Master of Science in Finance
An AACSB-accredited, online MSF that prepares you for CFA certification.
- Ultimate flexibility — 100% online format and No Application Fee
- One of The Princeton Review‘s Best Business Schools 12 years in a row
- High salaries — financial managers earn a median salary of $106,5422
- Get free prep material on Wiley CFA Exam Review when you select to take two CFA Exam prep courses as electives
The University of Scranton’s online Master of Science in Finance (MSF) puts a respected, AACSB-Accredited MSF within your reach
You’ll graduate with expertise in securities markets, risk metrics, investment criteria, and more, all within a Jesuit framework of ethics and social responsibility.
What Makes Us Unique?
Save Money on Post-Graduate Test Prep. With a curriculum aligned to the CFA Institute’s 10 areas of focus, you can confidently graduate ready to immediately take and excel at the CFA Exam. Plus all Scranton students receive a deep discount on Wiley CFA Exam Review — an industry-leading exam preparation software. Those who decide to take two CFA Exam prep courses as electives receive the prep material for free.
Where Business Meets Finance. Considering an MBA but passionate about finance? Scranton’s online MSF program offers all the core business acumen of an MBA but through an enhanced financial lens. Gain the subject-matter expertise in a business discipline that builds both enterprises and individual careers.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to get additional information about this program.
- Duration 12 months
- Cost per Credit $965
- Credit Hours 30
- Courses include financial management, investment analysis, and derivative securities
- 591,800 new jobs by 2028
- No Application Fee
Prepare for the CFA With an AACSB-Accredited Education
In small classes with individual attention, you’ll learn from expert faculty and gain a comprehensive understanding of finance management with both a local and global perspective.
We offer our MSF through The University of Scranton’s Kania School of Management, named one of The Princeton Review‘s Best Business Schools 12 years in a row.
In addition, Kania is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), a premier credential offered to select business schools worldwide.
Delivered in a flexible, personalized format, this high-quality program allows you to pursue your finance degree in a format that fits your life, while learning entirely online or on campus.
You’ll complete the MSF prepared for a variety of professional certifications, including the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation offered by the CFA Institute.
Career OutLook: Steady Growth and Rewarding Salaries
Jobs in the business and finance sectors are projected to grow 7 percent between 2018 and 2028, an above-average rate that ensures ample opportunity for professionals with graduate-level degrees in finance.1 Some jobs in the field will see huge growth, with financial reporting managers expecting 18.7 percent increase in demand.2
Salaries are strong as well, with financial reporting managers earning a median salary of $106,542, and financial planning managers at a median $103,002.2Career Outlook
Curriculum: Industry-Standard Expertise with a Global Perspective
The University of Scranton is committed to developing financial professionals who appreciate the importance of ethics and social responsibility.
Through the Master of Science in Finance, you will gain an enhanced understanding of the CFA Institute’s 10 areas of focus — such as quantitative methods, corporate finance, derivatives, and more.
With this preparation, you’ll graduate ready to pursue your Chartered Financial Analyst certification.Curriculum
You’ll complete this program ready to:
- Apply your knowledge of the core concepts of finance
- Analyze information with the purpose of making sound financial decisions
- Use statistical and econometric techniques to identify and evaluate complex financial issues
- Write comprehensive research reports and recommend solutions to managers and investors based on your findings
- Evaluate financial decisions within an ethical framework on the basis of social responsibility and environmental sustainability
To apply for the Master of Science in Finance program from The University of Scranton, you’ll need:
- Completed application
- 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- While the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score is not required, we highly recommend that all applicants, especially those with an undergraduate or graduate degree that is more than 5 years old or those with a low undergraduate GPA, take the GMAT or GRE and submit their score to improve their competitiveness in the admission process.
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation from academic or professional references
The Master of Science in Finance program at Scranton consists of 30 credit hours and costs $965 per credit hour.
We strive to provide you with an affordable, high-quality education. That’s why we’re ranked a Best Value School, Regional Universities North, by U.S. News & World Report for 2020.See Tuition
Faculty: Professionals With Real-World Experience
In the MSF program, you will work with widely published, multi-awarded Scranton faculty who have decades of professional experience in finance.
Faculty hold the highest degrees in their discipline and they’re committed to pushing financial practice forward. Their mix of academic knowledge and real-world experience truly sets this program apart.Faculty at Scranton
Earn a degree without interrupting your career. You’ll be part of an online learning community led by a diverse and expert faculty. Online programs reflect the same rigorous standards as our on-campus programs.Scranton Online
Financial aid options are available to help you pay for your education. A personal financial aid counselor will assist you in identifying and taking full advantage of all opportunities.Financial Aid Details
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question we don’t cover here, request more information or call 866-373-9547.
Tuition for the online Master of Science in Finance program is $28,950. You need to complete 30 credits at $965 each. You can review the tuition costs for this program here.
The University of Scranton is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). The online Master of Science in Finance program is also accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Learn more about our accreditation here.
To apply for the program, you must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, along with a 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA. You must also submit official transcripts, a professional resume, a personal statement, and three letters of recommendation. The GMAT/GRE requirement has been waived for Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Intersession 2021 and Spring 2021 admission for the online MS in Finance program, due to testing limitations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. You will be informed of your individual requirement after a review of your completed application. You can learn more about our admissions requirements here.
The University of Scranton has six start dates throughout the year. To find out when the next start date is, call 866-373-9547 or email.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2019 September 4). Business and Financial Occupations. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved November 21, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/home.htm
- Burning Glass Technologies: Labor Insight™. Retrieved November 22, 2019