Would you describe yourself as a leader seeking professional advancement? Are you interested in vertical movement within your existing position or in transitioning into a more authoritative professional role? If so, then consider an advanced SHRM-aligned degree in Human Resources to give you the ability to pursue your interests in a meaningful, marketable way.
Our online Master of Science in Human Resources program offers a curriculum that fully aligns with the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. The rigorous coursework integrates the most up-to-date research and incorporates human resource best practices to illustrate how HR professionals achieve organizational goals. Through our fully online program, you can earn a degree from a highly ranked, accredited, Jesuit university with an expert faculty without interrupting your career.
Our program will equip you with the cutting-edge, strategic human resource knowledge and skills that organizations need to succeed in today’s turbulent economy. Whether you are already working in the field or are interested in joining it, The University of Scranton’s MS in Human Resources will help you take a leading role on the human side of business.
A Cutting-Edge, SHRM-Aligned Curriculum
Coursework is designed to teach you how to:
- Make more effective decisions
- Improve organizational performance
- Understand control and budgeting systems
- Develop an effective rewards system
- Devise and implement a strategic plan
The curriculum of our MS in Human Resources program was developed and is regularly updated using the most current human resources body of knowledge as our guide, including SHRM's HR Curriculum Guidebook. It is also guided by strategic human resource knowledge and skills that organizations need to succeed in today’s turbulent economy by focusing on The University of Scranton’s own 5 Essentials Every Human Resource Leader Should Have:
- Never Stop Learning
- Communicate Effectively
- Practice Values-Based and Ethical Behavior
- Think Strategically and Act Accordingly
- Mind Your Metrics
View the full 5 Essentials Every Human Resource Leader Should Have.
Students attending a SHRM aligned program, like The University of Scranton’s MS in Human Resources, will be eligible to apply for the Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) exam beginning in Winter 2017.
- Students must be in their final year of the HR program
- Must be able to provide proof of a minimum of 500 hours of relevant HR experience
- Program will be in effect December 1, 2017 – February 15, 2018
For additional eligibility details, please click to view the SHRM CP qualifications >>
Features of Our Online MS in Human Resources
- The rigor of a conventional campus program offered in the Jesuit liberal arts tradition
- An esteemed faculty who are experts in their fields and who make themselves available for coaching and mentoring
- Networking opportunities, which includes correspondence with fellow online HR degree program graduates whose real-world expertise will help students find direction following graduation. Students in this program are also eligible to join The University’s Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Student Chapter, which also provides access to National SHRM
- An expansive array of information courtesy of the Business & Leadership Resource Center, which serves as a resource for all Scranton graduates transitioning into their respective professions