Give your career in healthcare the ultimate advantage. With a 90 percent job placement rate and higher than average median salaries*, excellence is just the starting point for graduates of The University of Scranton's online Master of Health Administration.
Our online MHA curriculum is designed to help you meet the challenges of a changing healthcare industry with exceptional leadership, responsive decision-making, sound knowledge and the passion that only a Jesuit education can instill. As one of the few programs with an expert practitioner faculty, we offer you the expertise necessary to excel as a healthcare industry leader as well as the flexibility of an online program, at a competitive tuition.
Health Leadership and Evidence-Base Management Skills
The need for knowledgeable leaders to implement evidence-based management while responding to evidence-based medicine is growing with intensity in today’s healthcare sector. The aging population of the United States in combination with new legislation expanding healthcare access contributes to a rigorous demand for managers with advanced skill sets to organize and manage medical information and healthcare staffs in all areas of the industry.
See the Career Outlook for Health Administrators >>
The online MHA offers the flexibility of an online learning environment as well as an effective, manageable residency. In it, you will learn from top-tier, practicing industry professionals who understand the real-world challenges you will face as a healthcare leader. With the online MHA’s focus on top trends in industry change, the program goes beyond preparing you for today’s healthcare industry. As a graduate, you will be prepared to lead the future of healthcare with the confidence and integrity that only The University of Scranton can provide.
Competencies and Accreditation to Set You Apart
The online MHA offers the key components to develop leaders who can apply a comprehensive skill set that demonstrates a fluency in managing a healthcare system or organization. Our program uses the ACHE Healthcare Leadership Alliance (HLA) competency model. As a graduate, you will be an expert with 24 core competencies, covered in five critical domains:
- Communication and Relationship Management: Fine tune analysis, interpretation and communication skills to translate factual data, process, direction and research to decision makers.
- Leadership: Develop leadership skills to support the organization and its individuals with a deep understanding of decision making and outcomes in situations internal and external, high-level and granular.
- Professionalism: Engage in continued professional development including reflection and self-directed learning, and understand the impact of professional standards and codes of ethical behavior on the organization.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment: Assess the interrelationships among access, quality, cost, resource allocation, accountability, and community while navigating administrative, functional and developmental responsibilities of the health care organization.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate critical thinking, analysis, problem solving, and financial management skills necessary to operate, project manage, and run a healthcare organization in today’s economy.
The Graduate Health Administration Campus-based Program is accredited* by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME, formerly ACEHSA). This accreditation reflects the commitment to and achievement of national standards for graduate level healthcare administration education. Additionally, the MHA program maintains full graduate membership status with the AUPHA.