Call Us 866-373-9547

Home > Online Graduate Admissions > Transfer & Visiting Student Information

Transfer & Visiting Student Information

Visiting Students

A graduate student matriculating at another college or university who wishes to take courses at The University of Scranton and transfer the credit back to their home college may do so as a Visiting Student. Click here to review a full course list of available classes.

For Jesuit MBA Network Programs

To apply as a visiting student, you will need to provide:

  • Letter of good standing from your current institution
  • Online application (Please select the MBA Visiting option)
  • Jesuit MBA Network form (from your home Jesuit institution)

For All Programs and Non-Jesuit MBA Programs

To apply as a visiting student, you will need to provide:

Speak with a Program Manager to learn more about the visiting student process.

Transfer Students

If you are interested in transferring from your current institution to The University of Scranton Online, our Program Managers are here to walk you through the process. Please call us at (866) 373-9547 to get started.

  • Transferring from a Jesuit MBA Network institution
    • If accepted, you may transfer any number of credits as long as they match similar courses in The University of Scranton’s Online MBA curriculum.
    • You must have earned a B or better to transfer a course.
  • Transferring from a non-Jesuit institution
    • You can transfer no more than 6 credit hours. (MHA students may transfer 9 credit hours.)
    • You must have earned a B or better to transfer a course.
    • Each course will be reviewed independently using the Graduate Credit Transfer Recommendation For Online Programs form (one per course).
    • Applications must be completed and submitted for review before a decision will be given regarding which credits will transfer. No preliminary decisions are given about transfer credits.

Non-Degree Seeking Students

The University of Scranton recognizes that, from time to time, there are people who wish to take graduate level courses without necessarily pursuing graduate degrees or certification programs. Typically, they seek such a route in order to contribute to their personal growth and/or professional development. Those students can request a non-degree admission.

To be considered for Non-Degree Status at The University of Scranton you must:

  • Possess a bachelor’s degree with an overall grade point average of 2.75 earned at an accredited U.S. institution (or have an equivalent degree from another country).
  • Possess an overall 3.0 GPA in any graduate work undertaken prior to filing the application are required.
  • Submit an official copy of your final bachelor’s degree transcript along with an official copy of any other transcripts showing post-baccalaureate work undertaken.
  • Complete a Non-Degree application form.
  • Indicate your reason(s) for seeking admission as a Non-Degree Graduate Student. Please note that you may be asked to provide additional information if the reviewing department would like to know more about you.

Admission to Non-Degree status should in no way be construed as a guarantee of subsequent admission to a degree program. Non-Degree Graduate Students are not eligible for graduate assistantships or financial assistance. For complete Non-Degree Admissions policies, click here.