The University of Scranton Online: The Best Choice for You
As a successful professional, you are motivated to increase your earning potential and advance your career. You want to pursue a graduate education among like-minded individuals—peers and professors—who will challenge you and bring out your best. You want to learn in an environment with other success-oriented leaders. That’s why The University of Scranton online is the right place for you to earn your graduate degree.
The University of Scranton is a selective and highly ranked university, one of just 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States. You only need to look at the positive rankings and reviews awarded to The University of Scranton for academic rigor, best business school, and great value to see why we are consistently ranked among the top universities in the U.S.
Your university’s accreditations and reputation are important to your future employer—they reward those who have earned a graduate degree or certificate from a top-ranked university. That’s why it’s vital for you to make the right choice for your studies. That’s why The University of Scranton Online is your best choice.
The University of Scranton is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition, our excellent faculty and curriculum have been awarded the highest designation to a business school: the Kania School of Management is among a small number of institutions accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). Only five percent of educational institutions worldwide have achieved this distinction.
The curriculum of our Master of Science in Human Resources program was developed and is regularly updated using the most current human resources body of knowledge as our guide.
At The University of Scranton, you are considered as a significant part of the academic environment. Our approach focuses attention on educating the whole person. We provide opportunities to expand both your personal growth and intellect, which are fundamental to developing wisdom and integrity. Employers want assurance that they are hiring individuals who will reflect favorably on the company or organization in all respects, not just in terms of an academic designation. A degree or certificate from The University of Scranton carries that assurance.
Reasons to Study Online at The University of Scranton
- Earn the same prestigious credential as students who attend The University of Scranton campus
- Learn business management steeped in the values and traditions of a Jesuit education, dedicated to providing an excellent education suited to meet the challenges and opportunities of today’s world
- Access your coursework anywhere via convenient, online courses supported by professional, around-the-clock technical assistance
- Collaborate with classmates from a variety of professions and industries around the country through online discussions and virtual meeting
- Develop a strong network with your peers, enhanced by small classes of 20 students maximum
- Study and complete assignments on your own timetable and schedule
- Interact one-on-one by e-mail, online discussion boards and online chat in real time with highly credentialed professors who also serve as mentors
- Benefit from The University of Scranton’s alumni organization with more than 45,000 accomplished members nationwide and in more than 20 countries in every field of business and management, providing a huge network of contacts and support
PAUL MBOH: When I started this program, I was a director. I was a director of operations. I was doing really well. But about eight months or nine months into the program, I got promoted to vice president of operations.
JOAN GAFFNEY: As a result of my work in the program, I recognize the differences in my own work every day. I feel much more capable in my actions as a manager. I feel that I can operate on both a strategic as well as tactical level much more fluently. And I just recognize overall a difference in my ability to handle different situations in business.
CYNTHIA ORTIZ: While I was taking these courses, I was also interning at Fairmount Behavioral Health, which is where I work now. I was just an intern. And I remember taking Global Healthcare Management and Healthcare Finance, learning about insurance companies, the way they work within a facility. And then, going into work the next day, sitting around the big round table that all the executives sit at, and discussing on a daily basis with the unit managers, what patient has what insurance, who are they covered by, are they covered. It was just-- it was very interesting to see the ability to see what I'm learning in the classroom in my actual real-life setting. But when I graduated, they offered me a position within the hospital to be the QA Coordinator. And so now I have my own office. And I'm really excited because I want to frame it right over my one board.