Maximize Efficiency through Data
Because of the overwhelming amount of data in today's business landscape, there is now a growing need for skilled leaders able to analyze and provide key business insights. As you navigate the online Master's in Business Analytics, you'll gain a unique insight into how you can help businesses maximize the efficiency of their operations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, management analysts can expect to earn an average salary of $85,2601. Additionally, the field is expected to grow by 14% over the course of the next eight years. In our modernizing economy, businesses aim to cut as many unnecessary costs as possible.
- 14% GROWTH RATE PROJECTED THROUGH 2029 FOR MANAGEMENT ANALYST POSITIONS1
- 876,300 JOB POSTINGS FOR MANAGEMENT ANALYSTS IN 20181
- INDUSTRIES PROJECTED TO HAVE A GREATER DEMAND FOR MANAGEMENT ANALYSTS INCLUDE HEALTHCARE, GOVERNMENT, PRIVATE BUSINESS, AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
From the program's dynamic curriculum and engaged faculty, you will learn directly how best to help businesses find opportunities for profit and revenue growth from decisions developed through informed data analysis. These skills are certainly transferable across industries, and as a result, you will have the luxury of choosing how you can use your talents to focus your professional future.
Master of Science in Business Analytics Career Options
Computer and Information Research Scientist2
As a computer and information research scientist, you would compile and then analyze data to create new approaches and adapt different procedures to maximize the efficiency of different computing processes. Over the course of 2018-2028, the field for computer and information research scientists is expected to grow 16%.
Median Annual Wage: $122,840
Market Research Analyst3
As a market research analyst, you would be responsible for working with different data sets about consumer behaviors and preferences to determine the best courses of action for businesses and their products. Because more businesses consider the value of predicting the success of their products and services, the field is expected to grow by a remarkable 20% by 2028.
Median Annual Wage: $63,790
Program Outcomes: Innovate Across Business Landscapes
After you've completed the program, you can expect to:
- Analyze ineffective business practices.
- Formulate and present informed proposals to improve business processes.
- Develop a principled foundation on the business applications of Big Data, Internet of things, and artificial intelligence.
- Employ descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive analytical tools in problem-solving scenarios.
- Communicate data-driven solutions accessibly to non-technical audiences.
- Apply appropriate technologies to gather and analyze data relevant to managerial decision-making.
Scranton Career Support
Whether you’re just starting out or advancing in your field, the Gerard R. Roche Center for Career Development is here to support you.
Both before and after you graduate, our experienced advisors can help you build your career and find opportunities that suit your unique skills and talents.
Let’s work together to ensure your success. We can’t wait to get to know you.
- Join a network of more than 45,000 accomplished Scranton alumni, who live across the nation and in more than 20 countries around the world.
- Take advantage of The Vault, a comprehensive resource for industry and employer research, rankings, internships, job postings and guide books — all free to students.
- Receive help with your résumé, cover letter, or online profile, and practice meeting with potential employers using Big Interview, an online interview preparation tool.
- Get exclusive access to Handshake, our online recruiting platform, and connect with new jobs, career fairs, recruitment activities, skill-building workshops, and more.
Learn more about The University of Scranton’s online Master of Science in Business Analytics: Request more information or speak with one of our Program Managers at 866-373-9547.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics. Management Analysts. Accessed on May 29, 2020 from https://www.bls.gov/OOH/business-and-financial/management-analysts.htm
2Bureau of Labor Statistics. Computer and Information Research Scientist. Accessed on June 1, 2020 from https://www.bls.gov/OOH/computer-and-information-technology/computer-and-information-research-scientists.htm
3Bureau of Labor Statistics. Market Research Analyst. Accessed on June 1, 2020 from https://www.bls.gov/OOH/business-and-financial/market-research-analysts.htm