Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about The University of Scranton’s online MBA-MHA. If your question is not addressed, simply contact one of our knowledgeable Program Managers toll-free at (866) 373-9547.
- What is a dual master’s degree?
- Do I need a business experience to be admitted to the program?
- How long does it take to complete the program?
- How many credits do I save by doing the dual degree program?
- What is the administrative residency?
- Can I do an MBA specialization?
- What are the MBA Foundation Modules and do I have to take them?
- What are the admission requirements of the program?
- Can I leave the program if I need to take a break and come back?
- If after I’m part of the way through the program and I decide I only want to pursue just the MBA or just the MHA, can I do that?
- What about if I’m in the MBA or the MHA program and I want to do the dual degree?
- Can someone who already has an MBA or MHA from The University of Scranton get the dual degree?
What is a dual master’s degree?
A dual degree program combines two programs into one where the learning outcomes meet industry and employer needs that are in demand. The MBA-MHA dual degree combines the broad-based business expertise of an MBA with the healthcare-specific knowledge of the Master of Health Administration. With skills in both areas, you will have an advantage in the job market over candidates with only one degree. In addition, you can complete the dual degree program in less time and with fewer credits than earning both separately.
What is the administrative residency?
The residency is a fieldwork requirement that you can complete locally. This requirement consists of 3 to 8 credits depending on your prior work experience; the number will be determined when you are admitted to the program.
What are the MBA Foundation Modules and do I have to take them?
The MBA Foundation Modules are one-credit courses designed to give you the background knowledge you need to succeed in the program if you do not have a degree or experience in business. Talk to a Program Manager about your specific background to find out if you will need to take any modules.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited American college or university, or the equivalent from an international college or university.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Minimum of three years of professional work or managerial experience (to be verified by a senior executive via affidavit)
- International students: TOEFL exam- Score of 550 (paper) or 213 (computer) or 80 (internet)
- Three letters of reference, at least one of which has to be from a senior executive (other than the one verifying the three years of experience)
What about if I’m in the MBA or the MHA program and I want to do the dual degree?
If you have completed 75 percent or more of your MBA or MHA, you will not be able to do the dual degree program. Talk to your academic advisor about your specific situation.
Discover how The University of Scranton’s online MBA-MHA dual degree can give you an edge in the marketplace. Request more information or speak with one of our Program Managers at 866-373-9547.