Business analytics is widely recognized as a strategic necessity in today's competitive business environment. Learning to leverage big data techniques can be the beginning of big career gains for you. The University of Scranton's online, AACSB-accredited MBA with a specialization in Business Analytics helps you harness data to extract better insights that solve business problems. Turn data from your organization's enterprise systems and transactions, machines and sensors, and social media and internet sources into a competitive advantage.
The 12-course, online MBA in Business Analytics program has a hands-on curriculum that builds on foundational business knowledge to explore analytics-specific topics like data mining, data visualization and statistical modeling, predictive analytics, database management, business intelligence, and simulation.
Students without business knowledge in statistics, management science, information systems, accounting, business law, economics, finance, management, marketing, or operations may need to take up to 12 credits of extra foundational courses.
The University's Kania School of Management has been included among
The Princeton Review's "Best Business Schools" for 2019.
Upon completion of this MBA analytics program, you'll have attained a rigorous and comprehensive graduate-level education in business, but also an in-depth knowledge of business analytics functions. You'll be prepared for career titles such as management analyst, data analyst, business analyst, business intelligence analyst, and data science manager.
You can choose a mix of functional area business courses from:
- Accounting for Management
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing Management
The Knowledge You'll Gain
Graduate with the analytics and business skills you need to enter the field with confidence. When you complete the program, you'll carry your new skills and a list of accomplishments from The University of Scranton into your next job and the rest of your career.
- The understanding of key analytics concepts and techniques for data visualization and mining, statistical and predictive modeling, optimization, and simulation
- Increased career opportunities
- The potential to earn a higher salary, larger bonuses, and various perks of the workplace due to diversified skills
- An increased chance of creating an executive-level career path
- Valuable and tangible skills that can be used directly in the workplace
- Increased confidence of coworkers in your ability to complete projects
For a full list of careers that a graduate of this program might qualify for, please visit the careers page.
Earn an MBA with Top Accreditation and Jesuit Values
One of 27 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, The University of Scranton cultivates an educational environment shaped by Jesuit values of ethics and social responsibility. We are committed to providing an exceptional education that prepares our students to meet the challenges and opportunities of today's society.
The University's Kania School of Management is among a small number of institutions accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. AACSB accreditation signals the highest standard of achievement for business schools around the world. The University of Scranton is one of the few educational institutions worldwide that offer business degrees with this distinction, resulting in an outstanding academic rank for the school.
To complete your admissions process, you'll need to submit:
- An online application
- Three letters of reference
- References should be from someone with whom the applicant has an academic or professional relationship
- A statement of intent
- Your professional resume
- Must have at least 3 years of professional or supervisory work experience
- Case study*
- Academic transcripts from all schools attended
- Students from non-English speaking countries are required to verify proficiency in English through one of the following methods: TOEFL, IELTS, or STEP
*A written response to a business case study may be required for some applicants. You will be informed of your individual requirement after a review of your completed application.
Let's Get Started
Enhance your career with the convenience and flexibility of an online MBA with a specialization in Business Analytics from The University of Scranton. Request more information or call us at 866-373-9547.