Few colleges and universities in the U.S. offer the quality and prestige provided by The University of Scranton. We have been awarded high honors and rankings by respected organizations, including The Princeton Review, U.S. News & World Report, Entrepreneur, Forbes, and AACSB International.
Acclaim for our programs
- Our MBA program was listed among the Top 15 in the nation for general management according to Entrepreneur magazine and The Princeton Review, which has included The University of Scranton among its "Best Colleges" for the past 12 years.
- A Best Value College for 10 consecutive years, according to Forbes, as well as a Top College in the Northeast in their 2018 rankings report.
- #1 Top Online MAcc Program in the U.S., and one of the Best Online Master's in Human Resources Management according to Best Colleges.
- #6 Best Regional School in the North, among Top 20 Best Value Schools, and one of the Top Online MBA Programs in U.S. News & World Report's national 2018 rankings of best colleges in the nation.
- A Top 15 Online MBA Program in Pennsylvania according to Online MBA Today.
- MBA ranked #6 Among Faith-Based Colleges, #8 in Pennsylvania, and #23 Among National Private Colleges according to Online MBA Report.
- #3 Best Online Master's Degrees in Accounting, according to Best College Reviews and #4 according to Master's Program Guide and Accounting Degree Review.
- A Top 15 Online Master's of Management Accounting in the Nation, according to Online Schools Center, and one of the Best Online Master's in Accounting in the College Choice report.
The Highest Standard for Business Schools Worldwide
The University of Scranton's Kania School of Management is one of only 5 percent of educational institutions worldwide that offer business degrees with the distinction of AACSB International accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
This accreditation is the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide and confirms our commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review.
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Manage resources to achieve a vibrant and relevant mission
- Advance business and management knowledge through faculty scholarship
- Provide high-caliber teaching of quality and current curricula
- Cultivate meaningful interaction between students and a qualified faculty
- Produce graduates who have achieved specified learning goals
Master of Health Administration Program
The University of Scranton's online Master's of Health Administration (MHA) program is one of the first fully online MHA programs to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). The program also recently received the CAHME Award for Sustainability in Healthcare Management Education and Practice, awarded jointly by CAHME and Canon Solutions America.
Beyond CAHME accreditation, our MHA program was ranked #1 for Largest Enrollment in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, meaning that by enrolling at Scranton, you'll be joining one of the country's largest cohorts of healthcare administration students.
CAHME accreditation advances the quality of healthcare management education by:
- Setting measurable criteria for excellent healthcare management education
- Supporting, assisting and advising programs which seek to meet or exceed the criteria and continuously improve
- Accrediting graduate programs that meet or exceed the criteria
- Making this information easily available to interested constituencies
Our Jesuit Tradition:
Dedication to Developing the Whole Person
The University of Scranton's Jesuit tradition and history extend back nearly 500 years to the life, teachings and insights of Saint Ignatius Loyola, who lived from 1491 to 1556 and founded the Jesuit order.
As one of 28 Jesuit schools in the United States, we are a part of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. This elite group of schools is devoted to developing the whole person.
Our nurturing environment invites students of all traditions to join us in:
- Faith, self-knowledge and respect for the dignity of themselves and others
- Devotion to justice
- Commitment to serving the poor
- Passion for truth, reflection and lifelong learning
These personal characteristics give Jesuit graduates the foundation to succeed in their personal, public and professional lives.