Operations management, concerned with the efficient production and distribution of products and services, is a key component of a business. Making sure operations run smoothly is an extremely complex undertaking involving the coordination of employees, resources, equipment, and information across many different organizational levels.
Job seekers in the operations management field will need to show they have the ability to integrate technical knowledge with excellent planning and communications skills. The expertise you will gain in our Operations Management MBA specialization will give you an advantage in the job market and promote the development and advancement of your career.
A Cutting-Edge Curriculum
The Operations Management specialization of The University of Scranton's online MBA gives you the analytical and problem-solving skills that you will need to succeed in this information and technology-intensive field. The operations management curriculum reflects the wide-ranging responsibilities and tasks in operations management. Courses focus on supply chain management, production planning and control, and other elements related to project and quality management.
Coursework is designed to teach you how to:
- Make business decisions; this includes learning to apply quantitative approaches and to use computer programs and systems in addressing business decision making problems.
- Apply accounting techniques and business law principles in a business setting; you will gain a fundamental understanding of business and accounting operations from a legal perspective.
- Make economic and financial business decisions; you will be introduced to micro and macroeconomics and will learn essential skills for making financial decisions and conducting financial analyses.
- Apply marketing and management techniques in a business setting; you will learn essential marketing skills along with the ability to assess workplace resources and to make managerial decisions pertinent to a business' needs.
- Manage and lead in all aspects of business, which includes operations management, supply chain management, project management, financial management, etc. Courses specifically emphasizing each of these areas and others essential for managerial leadership like organizational behavior are part of the well-rounded curriculum.
Advantages of the MBA Operations Management Specialization
The University of Scranton's challenging online MBA Operations Management Specialization stresses the foundations of business theory as well as the importance of ethical and sustainable practices, in line with The University's Jesuit tradition. Other benefits of the online program include:
- The flexibility to schedule coursework around your other obligations
- U.S. News & World Report's 2015 edition of Top Online Business Programs ranked The University of Scranton's Online MBA in the top 100 for Student Engagement and Student Services/Technology.
- Accreditation by the AACSB— The University of Scranton's online MBA is one of the few of its kind to hold this prestigious credential
- A network of more than 45,000 graduates from The University of Scranton across the country and around the world
To complete the online admissions process, you must submit an application, letters of reference, statement of intent, resume, and transcripts from all schools attended. Then you will be on your way to enhancing your skills as an independent, analytical, strategic thinker while fortifying your personal marketability as a leader in Operations Management. As a result of earning an online MBA specializing in Operations Management through The University of Scranton online, you will be equipped with essential skills and information requisite for making a difference and for professional advancement.